Few thoughts on JavaScript

Why did I choose JavaScript as my first language?


To answer that first question first I will need to embark on a little rant on how and why did I decide to learn coding. Roughly three years ago I was working as PC repair guy and got a tech support job at the end of 2014, after getting a few Microsoft certificates (MCP, MCSA, MCITP). At that time I started thinking about learning to code in my spare time. I tried learning Java but it left me confused and feeling a bit dumb to be honest, so I gave it up for a time. 


After a longer pause I started playing with HTML and CSS at the end of 2016 and found them really easy, after all those two are not real programming languages. After some research I decide to give JavaScript a try. What I liked immediately about it is the fact that you can get instant visualization of what you're learning, all you need is a modern web browser it's easy to try stuff out in the browser console. In despite all quirks that JavaScript has I'm still convinced that it's a good choice for beginners, especially since it is a must in web development. 


After I get really comfortable with fundamentals of vanilla JavaScript I'm off to learn ES6.

Thank you for taking the time to read the post and keep coding. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Tips for Designing Better Test Cases

TestRigor - Review

How to Pass AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals Certification Exam